Primary skill areas, Mac/PC Support, troubleshooting resolutions.
I grew up working in a small family owned printing company. I learned reproduction techniques at an early age. After college I was Production Foreman for four years before leaving to become a freelance commercial artist. I worked at logo, packaging and general design work before moving into the comic book industry. I worked doing design work and logos and then formed a small studio for comic book coloring creating color guides to full painted color. I returned to Art School in the late 1980’s returning to the commercial marketplace just as the industry had moved from traditional mechanicals to Desktop Publishing. I joined the Macy’s East Advertising Department and learned the Macintosh Platform and associated software. I worked there for a decade, moving from Retoucher, Printing Technology Specialist, Technician Group Manager to End User Computing Manager. I then moved to Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia performing similar duties for the past nine plus years.
• Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (February 2006 - October 2014)
Duties included creating distribution images for all Apple Macintosh Computers. Updating the resident software using Apple Remote Desktop. Imaging and deploying Mac and Windows computers and peripherals. Support of Mac OS and Wiindows OS clients.
Troubleshooting software, network and output issues. Software includes Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy, Acrobat), Microsoft Office 2011, Graphite, Pointcarre along with many accessories/extensions.
Account Creation: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Sharepoint databases, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Unified Messaging, OpenText/Artesia DAM, Extensis Portfolio, MEI K4.
Software Management: Mac OS X Server, System Utility, Image Deployment, Apple Remote Desktop, UNIX and AppleScript.
• December 2005 – February 2006 – Website design using Macromedia MX 2004 Suite
• October – November 2005 – Temp Mac Support – Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, end user support, Windows XP, Mac OS 9 & X. DTP, Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat), QuarkXPress, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes.
• June – July 2005 Freelance - prepress at Color by Pergament, Retouching for several clients and some graphic design and web site work for individuals.
• January – May 2005 - Lifetouch Publishing,
• June 1999-2003 Macy’s East End User Computing Manager
• September 1998-May 1999 Macy’s East Technician Group Manager
• July 1996-August 1998 Macy’s East Production Technology Manager
References available on request.